AS TAUGHT IN THE OLD MEDICINE HOSPITAL
- Study diligently the techniques and the practice of massage.
- Do not practice at public places but at a place suitable for massage.
- Do not hope for any gains, expect neither material profits nor glory or fame.
(It is fine to gain an income but this should not be the masseur’s main motive)
- Do not take patients from another masseur. (it’s not a competition)
- Do not boast your knowledge. (practice what you have learnt and give your best. Be
humble and let your massage speak, not your tongue).
- Ask for advice and listen to people who know more than you.
- Bring a good reputation to the ‘Seven Schools’.
- Don’t give out certificates in ‘Basic Thai massage’ to a person who is not qualified.
- Remember and honour daily the roots of the healing massage and it’s founder, Jivaka